Friday, April 22, 2011

Passport to Nowhere

I still send out bills by mail as I am too insecure about online paying. And I believe in the US Postal Service. I also get DVDs from Netflix since I have no way of instant watching. But like most people, a lot of the stuff I get in the mail is ads and other unsolicited mailings. Credit card applications. Envelopes of random coupons for car washes, yard services and such. Weekly circulars for grocery stores, which I like to keep each week so I can see what is on sale at what store.
But today I got something really random. A passport cover sent from Alberta, Canada. I have no plans to travel abroad anytime soon and can't afford to do so, so I never ordered any passports, let alone passport covers. Has anyone ever been sent such a thing without having ordered one? Above is a shot of the cover and below are shots of the inside.

On the left-hand side in the green block it read. "This is why you have a passport." The green block on the lower-right-hand side gives the website address albertaisfortravleres.ca. I typed in this address but got redirected to this link. The return address referred to the sender as Travel Alberta and that it's located in Edmonton. This was so weird!

No comments: