Sunday, December 28, 2014

2015 Southern Literature Reading Challenge

I'm once again doing the Southern Literature Challenge, also hosted by the Introverted Reader.  Did this one last year as well and had to come back.  Will be signing for Level 2, since I'm sure I can at least read four books.  Sign up at the link above.  Details below:


Southern Literature Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader


I'm hosting the Southern Literature Reading Challenge again this year. I love reading Southern Literature and I hope you do too!

The rules:

Read a book(s)--non-fiction or fiction of any genre, for any age group--written by an author from the South and set mostly in the South.

Definitions of the South are flexible, so I've decided to define it the way I want. That's the fun of hosting your own challenge, right? :-)

The states:
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama
North Carolina
Virginia
Tennessee
Mississippi
Louisiana
Kentucky
West Virginia
Texas
Arkansas
Florida

Please keep in mind that this is a Southern literature challenge. It's possible to find books set in each of these states that are not Southern in nature or feeling. Use your best judgment when choosing your books.

I've had a few requests for a more difficult challenge, so I'm upping the levels a bit this year. I've tried to keep it accessible for everyone though. Let me know what you think.

Levels:

Level 1--C'mon in the house! Read 1-2 books.

Level 2--Pull up a seat and stay a while! Read 3-4 books

Level 3--Have a glass of sweet iced tea, honey. Read 5-6 books

Level 4--Y'all come back now, y'hear! Read 7-8 books

The challenge will run from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. You can join in anytime throughout the year.

I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers.  You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.

Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable, and feel free to read your books in any format you choose.


Here is what I am reading:
  1. The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963--Christopher Paul Curtis
  2. The Color Purple--Alice Walker
  3. Strawberry Girl--Lois Lenski
  4. Kira-Kira--Cynthia Kadohata
  5. Little Bitty Lies--Mary Kay Andrews
  6. A Salty Piece of Land--Jimmy Buffett
  7. Summer of My German Soldier--Bette Greene
  8. Oh My Stars--Lorna Landvik
Challenge completed on June 6

No comments: