Friday, February 5, 2016

Ch-Ch-Changes



All apologies to Bowie :-)

Change

Changes take some getting some used to and some are occurring to me right now.  I get into the mode of "not feeling like myself," and losing some interest in the things I normally love.

I knew this already, but the psychiatrist I've been seeing was only at the mental heath department temporarily. I learned yesterday that I will be getting a new one next month.  Having already seen this one about five times, I got comfortable around him with his calm demeanor. Now I don't know what to expect from the new one.  The department has had trouble keeping doctors, so it's possible this new one may not last either.  The one I'd been seeing left for a while last year but returned.  And yesterday, he encouraged to keep on writing after I told him about my idea and how I briefly discouraged, thinking the definitive book already existed.  But like everyone else, the doctor said everyone has their own story to tell.  And he said I don't have to worry about it being a best seller, that I can always write for myself.  And I unsuccessfully tweeted the author of Prozac Nation, telling her how I loved the book and asked her what she thinks of my idea.  No replies :-(

And starting a new job is a big change, even if it's only a few hours a week.  My first paycheck was today.  I still get bored and need to make more money.  I may apply as a home care giver, but don't know if that's a good idea.  No recent call backs from the temp agency for the candy place I've been working at as a temp for some time now.   But I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and have already decided what do for the next class.  I'll get a break on the 15th, for the Presidents Day holiday.

And I saw a writing  seminar offered at the local community college as a community education class (not for credit). It's one Sunday in March for four hours. I'm hoping to be able to take it.  It's on how to get your first book written and published.  My boss at the center pointed this out a while ago.  It could be helpful and fun.


1 comment:

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on the new job. Sounds like you're staying very busy on multiple things at once.