Monday, May 23, 2016

Finished Typing

Yesterday I finished converting my handwritten notes to typed form.  Excluding the title and contents pages, my story is 87 typed pages.  A lot of thought went into what to delete and add to what I'd written down. I know I have made some typing errors and have to check for repetitive stuff I may have missed already.

Here is what I have chosen as my title (copied from the title page in my document; I changed the font color to add some color to this post):

Delays and Detours on the Road to Prozac:
A Memoir of Depression and Anxiety
 by Jamie Ghione
And my table of contents (chapter titles) page:

  PROLOGUE
1. NOT LIKE MOST KIDS
2. BULLIED FOR RIDICULOUS REASONS
3. IN THE BEGINNING
4. TRAGEDY IN 2001
5. THINGS I NEVER GOT TO DO OR HAVE
6. PERSONAL TRAUMAS OF 2008
7. NOT FEELING GOOD ENOUGH
8. SUSPICIONS OF CRAZINESS AND DEPRESSION
9. TENDENCIES OF BOREDOM AND FATIGUE 
10. MISCONCEPTIONS OF MENTAL ILLNESS
11. JEALOUSY OF OTHERS
12. NOT TRYING TO BE SELFISH, JUST PRIVATE
13. “I DON’T LIKE OR KNOW WHO I AM”
14. GOING BACK TO GET HELP
15. ON THE ROAD TO THE PROZAC JOURNEY
EPILOGUE: FARTHER ON DOWN THE ROAD 



Before typing, I had jotted down some words, phrases and place names that might need explanation. I mentioned several cities, including my hometown, that many people outside of California may not know about, be included in an index. I haven't typed this part, though.

As always is the question, "What to do next?"

No comments: