Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2017 Horror Reading Challenge

I was pretty sure I was done signing up for challenges until I learned the Horror Challenge is on again by a new host blog. Right now, I'll shoot for the first level, but will see if I can go over. Sign up here.


First of all are the Challenge Badges, which you will win by completing the highest number of books for that level. I will list them below and they will be e-mailed to you at the conclusion of the challenge.

CHALLENGE LEVELS:

Neophyte of Coolthulhu’s Temple:  Read and review 1-7 horror books to receive the Neophyte badge

Initiate of Coolthulhu’s Temple:     Read and review 8-15 horror books to receive the Initiate badge

Oracle of Coolthulhu’s Temple:       Read and review 20-25 horror books to receive the Oracle  badge

MYSTERY BADGE     Read and review 50+ horror books in the 2017 Horror Reading Challenge to receive a special Coolthulhu-approved badge demonstrating your tentacle-awesomeness.


Here is what I am reading:
  1. Beast--Donna Jo Napoli
  2. Catch Me--Lisa Gardner
  3. A Sudden Silence--Eve Bunting
  4. Soulless--Gail Carrier
  5. Ash--Malinda Lo
  6. Fuzzy Mud--Louis Sachar
  7. When She Woke--Hillary Jordan
  8. The Woman in Cabin 10--Ruth Ware
  9. Luckiest Girl Alive--Jessica Knoll
  10. Wicked Lovely--Melissa Marr
  11. Daughter of Smoke and Bone--Laini Taylor
  12. The Trouble With Magic--Madelyn Alt
  13. Lady Audley's Secret--Mary Elizabeth Braddon
  14. The Fall of the House of Usher and Four Other Tales--Edgar Allan Poe
  15. The Spiderwick Chronicles 1-5--Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
  16. Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles: The Nixie's Song--Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
  17. The Shack--William Paul Young
  18. Ghosts--Raina Telgemeier
  19. The Moonstone--Wilkie Collins
  20. The Turn of the Screw--Henry James
  21. Bloodlines--Richelle Mead
  22. The Girl With All the Gifts--M.R. Carey
  23. Nightlight: A Parody--Harvard Lampoon
  24. Zombies Calling--Faith Erin Hicks
  25. Witch Buster--Jung-man Cho
  26. My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish--Mo O'Hara
  27. My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish: The SeaQuel--Mo O'Hara
  28. My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish: Fins of Fury--Mo O'Hara
  29. My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish: Any Fin is Possible--Mo O'Hara
  30. Blood Red, Snow White--Marcus Sedgwick
Challenge completed on October 27

1 comment:

Barb said...

I ended up adding this one as well. I loved it so much last week and horror is one of my favorite genres so I couldn't resist. Good luck!